Thursday, March 29, 2012

To Wash or Not Wash?

The washing/not washing of special set jerseys we pick up live reminded me of a night in 2003 when I authenticated a set of LA Kings jerseys for the NHL-MGG Vintage Program and brought them back to my hotel room.

Oh, the fragrance!! I ended up bathing each jersey for five minutes in cold water and then finding 25 hangers so I could get a night's sleep and pack the damp but not soaking wet jerseys in a bag for the flight home. It was then that I realized how a quick rinse in cold water without detergent would serve to freshen the jerseys without sacrificing stick or puck marks.

Congratulations to the Devils' Ilya Kovalchuk for scoring his 400th NHL goal last night in Ottawa. We have authenticated and secured the Milestone Jersey, Kovy's White Set 2. That's the set the team has been wearing since February 4, and will wear for a few more games while Set 3 is being prepared. Kovy 400 is headed to a great home, to a collector who has secured many NHL milestone jerseys and equipment over the last five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment